Who is this course for?
With a little experience of Microsoft Excel or similar software, this course gives you a fast-paced introduction to the power of Excel's core features, giving you the knowledge to design and produce more efficient, better presented spreadsheets.
How long is this course?
What do I need to know before attending?
It is assumed only that you have a skill level equivalent to that gained through attending the Excel Introductory Course.
What will I expect to achieve at the end of the training?
At the end of this course
you will be able to:
- Use Excel to structure and analyse your data.
- Extend the functionality of your spreadsheets by using more complex calculations.
- Use Conditional Formatting on your worksheets.
- Understand and apply Data Validation to control input.
- Create Excel charts and control their formatting.
- Manipulate database style lists of data with simple Pivot Tables and database functions.
Re-capping the Basics
The Excel Screen, the ribbon and other toolbars.
Basic formula entry and editing.
Formatting cells, Format painting, Autofill, Flash Fill, copy and paste.
Themes and Styles.
Taking Formulae Further
Absolute Cell References.
The IF() Function.
Introducing Text Functions.
Taking Formatting Further
Extended Formats and Formulas.
Useful Tools and Features
Ranges of cells and using range names.
Checking Spelling, Find and Replace.
Charts & Graphs
Creating and editing chart.
Saving a chart template.
Choosing from suggested charts.
Using Page Set-up and Print Preview.
Using page breaks.
Using automatic page numbering, headers and footers.
Recapping the basics of sorting and filtering data.
Creating Excel Tables.
Using the Timeline slicer.
Introducing Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts.