Who is this course for?
With a little experience of Microsoft Excel or similar software, this course gives you a fast-paced introduction to the power of Excel's core features, giving you the knowledge to design and produce more efficient, better presented spreadsheets.
How long is this course?
What do I need to know before attending?
It is assumed only that you have a skill level equivalent to that gained through attending the Excel Introductory Course.
What will I expect to achieve at the end of the training?
At the end of this course
you will be able to:
- Use Excel to structure and analyse your data.
- Extend the functionality of your spreadsheets by using more complex calculations.
- Use Conditional Formatting on your worksheets.
- Understand and apply Data Validation to control input.
- Create Excel charts and control their formatting.
- Manipulate database style lists of data with simple Pivot Tables and database functions.
Re-capping the Basics
The Excel Screen, the ribbon and other toolbars
Basic formula entry and editing
Autofill and Flash Fill
Shortcuts for moving around and selecting data
Inserting and Removing Rows and Columns
Useful Tools and Features
Multiple Window Views
Taking Formulae Further
Absolute Cell References
IF and Nested IF Functions
Taking Formatting Further
Different graph Styles e.g. Pie of Pie’
Using Two Y Axes, Trend Lines
Data Table Design
Recapping the basics of sorting and filtering data
What is an Excel Table
Formatting a table
Using a table for drop-down lists
Introducing Pivot Tables
Building Pivot Tables
Creating Pivot Charts
Using Page Set-up and Print Preview
Using page breaks and Printing Titles
Using automatic page numbering, headers and footers